Released Monday 8th November 2010, 9:30 AM ET
Next generation television network on pace to pay top show creators $500,000 in 2010 as it brings in major brand advertisers including AMEX, Reebok, Chase and Samsung
New York, NY November 8, 2010 – Next-generation television network blip.tv today announced that it eclipsed 100 million video views in October. Specific numbers and growth metrics for the company include:
- 113 million total video views in October, on pace for 137 million video views in November
- Advertising revenue for the company increased by 5x year-over-year in 2010
- Blip.tv doubled its staff to 40 employees on both coasts in 2010 and opened a Los Angeles office
- Top show producers on blip.tv will make over $500,000 in revenue in 2010. The largest check paid out to a producer in the third quarter was $143,000
- Major advertisers currently running campaigns with blip.tv include ABC, AMEX, Bravo, Chase, Columbia Sportswear, EA Games, General Mills, LendingTree.com, Microsoft, Reebok, Samsung, and Smirnoff
“We started the company in 2005 with the idea of creating a new web-enabled television network,” said Mike Hudack, CEO and co-founder of blip.tv.
“We’ve steadily built out our product, syndication across sites and platforms, and created awareness among advertisers about the benefits of marketing through web shows. We’ve created a platform that resonates with both talented producers and audiences that have come to know and love them. I’m excited for all that 2011 will bring.”
Blip.tv provides advertisers with the tools they need to reach a targeted and engaged audience, including a full suite of advanced analytics, impromptu campaign optimizations to drive performance and ROI, and a range of creative services from ad unit design and conceptualization to development and programming. Blip.tv splits all advertising revenues with show creators 50/50.
Blip.tv is building the next-generation television network by providing essential services to the best shows on the Web. The company’s mission is to change television by making independent shows scalable and profitable. Blip syndicates shows to iTunes, YouTube, Vimeo, AOL Video, Verizon FiOS, TiVo, Sony TVs, Facebook and elsewhere. Blip splits all advertising revenue with producers on a 50/50 basis. For more information about blip.tv please visit http://blip.tv/.
Rubenstein Communications, Inc.